He Fires Me Up!
I've previously posted on how motivating I find Gary Vaynerchuk to be. Just today, his Web 2.0 Expo NY presentation from September 2008 where he discusses building a personal brand within the social media landscape crossed my path and I took the time to watch it again. With over 100,000 views, I'd say a few other people find it relevant as well. He so well articulates a perspective I 100% agree with in regards to business today and what I need to focus on to succeed. I want to be able to always find it in the future so I decided to post it here on my blog - figured it would be an effective bookmark :) His simple points that resonate with me:
- Have passion - Do what you love. Stop doing what you hate.
- Have patience
- Care about everything. Including yourself.
- Care about your user base
- Have a business model
- Reputation matters
- Content matters
- Understand that the game is changing
- It is about brand equity. Create brand equity around yourself.
- People consume content everywhere
- Be completely transparent. Everything you do is exposed.
- Work hard. 9-5 is out the door.
His 15 minute presentation can be viewed here. You'll be fired up too.