On January 4th, 2010 Virtual Real Estate Bar Camp will have a repeat performance with a new lineup of speakers, and Harmon Enterprises is participating. Our topic is Facebook Tools and Tricks – Separating Personal from Professional. Here is the session description from the event website:
Control who sees what! @StaceyHarmon will orient you to the Facebook tools that allow you separate your personal from your professional life and effectively use Facebook for business development as a Realtor. The session will cover applying Facebook’s newly updated privacy settings to your profile; grouping your friends, clients, and prospects into lists; and assigning permissions to status updates and photos. She’ll also show you the basics on how to create a Business Fan Page in order to further build your professional persona on Facebook.
It is free to attend Virtual Real Estate Bar Camp which is a full day of webinar presentations by some of the movers and shakers in the national real estate social media scene. There will be four separate webinars, or “rooms”, running concurrently and each presentation lasts 45 minutes. All you need to do is have internet access and pre-register in order to get the login information for each of the rooms. The full schedule can be found here and if you have an interest in hearing more about how social media can help build your business, you are encouraged to attend. What better way to kick off a productive business year?!
Virtual RE BarCamp Summary:
When: January 4, 2010 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm PST
Cost: Free but you must register to receive webinar login information
Schedule: As speakers are confirmed, the event calendar is updated
I’m in the midst of last minute preparations for RE BarCamp San Diego…hard to believe it is almost here! Next Thursday, at the Stingaree in San Diego, the largest RE BarCamp yet will take place (we’re expecting over 500!). And next Friday, my life will return to normal :). Amongst the chaos and stress of planning for the event, I have great anticipation for the friends and colleagues, both new and old, I will see Thursday. If we haven’t yet met face to face and you will be at RE BarCamp or the NAR Convention following, please do stop and say hello. The greatest value I find in RE BarCamps is the people I get to interact with face to face.
We’ll be posting last minute event details on the RE BarCamp website this week, so keep an eye on http://www.rebarcampsd.com for the latest scoop. Back to attending to the last minute details for me. See you Thursday!
I’m headed to San Jose the first week of October for several major real estate events that should be on the radar of any Realtor or person interested in technology, social media, and real estate:
- California Realtor Expo 2009 (The annual CAR Convention)
- Tech Tuesday (Day long technology training preceding the official CAR Expo)
- RE BarCamp Silicon Valley (A free un-conference attracting the technology progressive and interested in the Real Estate business)
Here is a rundown of the great opportunities these events provide as well as some auxiliary activities I’ll be participating in. If you’re in San Jose, hopefully we’ll cross paths while I’m there (join me at a Tweetup?!):
Friday, October 1st, 2009:
- Social Media Success for Realtors Presentation: Anyone a member of SAMCAR (San Mateo Association of Realtors)? If so, come hear me speak for free (thanks to Pango Group for sponsoring me to speak)! Registration starts at 10:30. Presentation is from 11:00-12:30. It you would like to attend, RSVP via email to Julie Ziemelis, Director of Public Affairs for SAMCAR.
Monday, October 5th, 2009:
- RE BarCamp Silicon Valley: This is a free, day long event, born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. There is no set schedule or topics. Instead, the day is shaped by the passionate real estate professionals who gather and discuss how technology and social media can benefit the real estate business. Any forward thinking Realtor who is interested in applying technology to their business should attend. It is an outstanding way to network with industry elite and add be engaged in discussions that can truly transform your business. If there is interest, Andy Kaufman and I will be facilitating a session that day discussing how to use Twitter to enhance your conference going experience. Hope you can join in. The event is free, but you do have to RSVP hereto attend. Twitter hashtag for the event is #rebcsv.
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009:
- Tech Tuesday: An add-on day to the CAR Expo, Tech Tuesday is full of technology training and tips to help Realtors in their business. The twitter hashtag for Tech Tuesday is #TTCarExpo. There are some great techie agents presenting – including Ted Makel of Keller Williams, Simi Valley who is part of the opening panel titled “Text, Tweet, and Sell: A Dialogue on Tech’s Possibilities for Today’s Agents”. Other great sessions include:
- The Benefits of Blogging
- Media is the New Marketing: How to Attract the Right Attention
- Best Practices for Building an Online Presence
- Social Media and Social Networking: A Guide for REALTORS
- Tweetup at Tanq Bar (San Jose Marriott) starting at 5:15 pm: Within walking distance of the Tech Tuesday I’m hosting a tweetup. Come mingle with fellow Tech Tuesday attendees over a drink (everyone is responsible for their own food/drinks…just to be clear!). Tech Tuesday attendance is not required to join in on this one though…if you want to come on out and say hi, please do! @candacecapella, @ericstegemann, and @andykaufman will be there too. More info and RSVP list is here.
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009:
- CAR Expo 2009: California’s largest real estate trade show which draws “thousands of California’s key franchise executives, top producers and movers and shakers every year for educational networking, and professional development opportunities”. The Expo runs for 3 days (Wed the 7th – Fri the 9th). I’ll be there on Wednesday in order to check things out and see what’s hot this year at the vendor show. Twitter hashtag for the conference is #CARExpo.