In my role as an Evernote Business Certified Consultant, I find the topic of proper Evernote settings and configuration, both the least sexy, and the most undiscussed subject in getting users to understand the power of Evernote. But, it is an essential topic that leads to Evernote efficiency and it really is the missing piece in most people's Evernote learning curve. When you have Evernote properly configured on your computer, you suddenly find Evernote magical.
Evernote settings and configuration is a topic I cover with every single private consulting client I work with, and something all Evernote users can learn from. I recorded the video below to demonstrate my methodology and teach others how the settings of the desktop client can impact your Evernote productivity. The response to the live presentation was enthusiastic and resulted in unsolicited reviews like this:
When you have Evernote properly configured, it makes all the difference in your ability to maximize Evernote for your daily productivity. It also give you the proper foundation to actually execute the tips and tricks that the myriad of quality Evernote educators post and sets the stage for you to gain Evernote power-user status.
In this hour long video (worth watching every minute of!), I cover the following:
- How to properly set up the Evernote desktop application for the Mac client (lessons can also be applied to the PC client) including:
- Preferences settings
- Account settings
- View settings
- Confirming your Evernote version
- Default notebook configuration
- A tour of the key Evernote Mac client interface items [many which are often overlooked by new users!]
- What the different Evernote settings mean and WHY you should choose one over the other
- How to properly configure Evernote's Web Clipper
- Proper Skitch configuration and essential user skills
- Accessing note meta-data
- Essential Evernote skills training such as changing the view sort order, image resizing, changing the note title, and more.
Watch the replay below and leave any questions you have in the comments. All links to the resources I mentioned in the video are included as well:
Links mentioned in the video:
- Evernote product downloads
- Recorded Evernote Skills & Workflow Training: Untethered with Evernote Training Playlist
- Work with Stacey: $99 Consulting Session offer
- Quiz: Are You an Evernote Power User?
- Untethered with Evernote Book
- Stacey's EC2014 Presentation on Effortless Teamwork
- Harmon Enterprises Facebook Page
Stacey Harmon is an Evernote Business Certified Consultant [EBCC], an Evernote Ambassador [one of 60 individuals worldwide selected by Evernote to share their expertise and passion for Evernote with its 100M+ user community], 2013 and 2014 Evernote Conference speaker, and author of Untethered with Evernote: Tips and Workflows for Independent Entrepreneurs, now also available in Evernote's Market.
Get a personal online coaching session with Stacey and skyrocket your Evernote productivity. Book now for just $99!